Twain Harte: Oh the Food!!

One of the highlights of our time at Twain Harte, of course, was the food! Here is a sampling of the places we went. The first couple days there was so much snow, we didn't make it out of Twain Harte much. Luckily, with the power being out too there were a couple places running on generaters.

This was one of our favorite places that we ate. Great mexican food.




They even had a karaoke machine. Mandi, Ben and Melly did a beautiful performance of "Hit Me Baby One More Time". They should go on the road.

March Madness was in its final stages while we were there. Someone was looking out for us, because the few days of power that we had were when BYU played their final game. We stayed in that night and I made some munchies for dinner. I loved having all the American food that I can't get in Germany.

This is the "Rock Pub" in Twain Harte. This was by far the favorite place. The food was awesome!!

And the desserts were to die for. Here is just one. The ultimate chocolate cake. The woman who works there makes the desserts personally. There was the best carrot cake and cheese cake also. I would go back just for that.

The pub had burned down a couple years before. The rebuilt it and kept the atmosphere of the original. They had all the many different currencies from arounf the world. Amazingly, there weren't any euros. So we contributed a €5. It is the last one on the top. They had so many before the fire and were building up the collection again. So we left our mark on Twain Harte.


Twain Harte has a casino run by them: http://www.mewuk.com/ We ate there our first night. The buffet wasn't worth the price but absolutely everything else was wonderful.

They had a sports bar and grill. I got some wonderful shrimp. Jared ordered a lemonade in almost every restaraunt we ate at. We don't get lemonade in Germany, unless I made it by hand. He ordered one here and when the waitress came with the drinks she kept walking past him looking for who it belonged to. When Jared said it was his her comment was: "I guess you struck me as a beer-man".

Another restaraunt in the casino was this one. They gave us this table on our first night in Twain Harte and again when we went for breakfast a couple days later.

Check out those HUGE pancakes.

I wanted to go back and get this french toast that Rachel ordered there. But we didn't make it back. Looks so yummy!!


Kathi begged my dad to do a slot machine with her. She carried the same quarter around with her. So the second time we went Jared went to the slot machines with her. She won about a quarter. Then my hubby gave me some money and let me go at it. I have never gambled before. Kathi and I were absolutely giddy. This casino is smart. They don't give you winning from the slots, but gives you credit and when you are done with that machine you print out a reciept to either play at another machine or cash-in. Well, as we noticed it is so easy to just keep playing your winnings. Luckily I only won about 5 dollars...since I lost it all. But it was fun to do it just once in my life.

No comments: