You might be wondering what this picture is all about. Well, this was the funniest part of the evening. Alicia had been using the bathroom there all afternoon, but this last time she turned the key and locked it. Then she couldn't figure out how to unlock it. The locks in houses here are like those wonderful old fashioned ones. Our kids have actually spied on their grandparents through the keyhole once. Robert, our host, was so sweet and worked with her for several minutes. Staring into the keyhole and coaching her on how to unlock it. He is so sweet, encouraging and gentle with kids, I just stand in awe of him.Eventually I got Jared he immediately was successful in getting her to unlock it. Robert and I had even had her standing on the tub trying to shove the key out a window. Then in comes daddy and he fixes everything in 2 minutes. I felt like I was living the scene in the original "Yours, Mine and Ours", where the girl locks herself in the bathroom when the power is out. And the parents are giving her instructions to her through the keyhole.
What would a bbq be like without sidewalk chalk?
The men played some basketball. I am not sure what Jared is doing here.
This tricycle was a big hit. My girls haven't had many chances to ride one.
Bahnka teaching Katie. I love this picture. These two have such a special relationship. They love to tease each other.
I found this red wagon and loved it. I really need to get one for my girls somehow. Every child needs one. They don't sell them here in Germany.




No comments:
Post a Comment