On Our Way Home

Here it is...the last post about our trip to America. And it only took me a month to do them all. That is pretty bad, isn't it?

Anyway, we had to take the southern route again to get home. We really played musical cars that time. At one point we had Kathi and Melly in their car, Jared and mom asleep in ours (with David driving), and Rachel and me in my parent's car with my dad driving. Then we dropped Melly off at Provo. That meant that mom and David were back in their car and we had Kathi with us.

We spent our last couple days in Utah having fun with the family. I wasn't anxious to leave my family and America, and to get back to normal, often stressful life. We finished getting our souveniurs for the family at home. Jared and I also took the chance to spend a fun afternoon with Becca and Brandon at Boondocks. We had fun and it was great to get a chance to get to know them a bit more.
We stopped by Gma and Gpa again on our way back down to Las Vegas for our flight home. Gma had been operated on while we were at the cabin, but she was doing great. They loved having a chance to see Hyrum again and I got another chance to say good-bye. We hope they can make it to Germany in the fall.

Our last stop in America was in Arizona. We wanted to see Mandi and Ben one more time. Like with all our plans we were running late. We didn't get there until about 10pm. But they were still awake. We spent some time talking. Ben and Jared went outside to enjoy the cool weather. Can you guess what they talked about? Sports, of course. Mandi and I stayed inside and had a more philosophical discussion.


Mandi and Ben finally got to meet Hyrum. I just love showing off my baby. I love this picture. It looks like they are sharing a joke. Notice the green and purple dogs. The green one is Scout and he belongs to Blaik. We loved it so much that we bought the purple one, Violet, for Katie. She loves her and calls her By-Lah.

The next morning Blaik and Hyrum finally got to meet each other. They have been waiting for this since Blaik was born and I was pregnant with Hyrum.

I think they liked each other.

Hyurm got to try out Blaik's bumbo seat. He loved it. He loves sitting so this was paradise for him.


Jared and I took a tour of their town, saw the school where Ben teaches, shopped at Walmart and even mailed a package home. We did our final packing before we left and it was a good thing too. We would have missed our plane the next day if we hadn't.

On the way out we got a picture of the huge dam and Lake Powell. This was the first time both of us had ever seen it. I love the blue water against the red rocks.

We made a quick stop in St. George. Gma and Gpa got to see great-grandchild #43 (I think) one last time. Isn't that amazing!!! I wish I had more pictures of me with my great-grandparents.


We also said good-bye to Jared's Gma. We are going to miss them all, but are sure glad we got to see them.

Hyrum was such a good boy on the flight home. He only had one fit. I would probably throw a fit too if my diaper was majorly poopy and leaking. And yet they still make me go through security and my mom got picked for a random ammo check. Then had to get my diaper changed in a strange bathroom.


The girls were so happy to have us home. We were a bit concerned about how Katie would react. She had refused to talk to us on skype and to go in our room while we were gone. She loved talking to Hyrum though. But when she saw us she immediately went to us.


It was a great trip and I am sad that it is over.

No comments: