Yes...those are Amish women. Who knew there were Amish in California. I certainly didn't. They had an apple orchard. They had a bakery/cafe/ gift shop. They had massively tall apple pies. That was one of the things you saw warming up on the fireplace in the previous post (we also heated nacho cheese on that thing). We also bought some homemade apple cider from them. Sadly, by the next day it had fermented. Rachel discovered that one.
Puzzles were a constant. Melly and Kari even had contests. Notice the essential accessory...the headlamp.
Mom and I worked on the blanket for Hyrum. My dad was in a fabric store with Mandi, my mom and 2 aunts...all picking out the fabric. He said he saw it when he walked in and knew that was it. The women folk were skeptical, but he won. It even has American Flag inspired points. I love it!! Good job, dad!!
Kathi was the official beautician. She did my toenails in a wonderful bubblegum pink. Thanks Taffers.
You may not be able to tell, but Ben and Mandi have oreos on their faces. The point was to get it into your mouth without using your hands. Jared didn't do so well.
Mandi and Kathi wanted to learn the fine art of poker. I love Mandi's face in this one. I think she has seen to much Ocean's 11. All she wanted to do was bet a huge stash of chips. Thus, the reason she didn't last long.
As you can see my man did wonderful. Too bad we couldn't cash in for anything.
This was the most common sight during the trip. The snow was so high on the porch, that us shorties had to stand on chairs to see out. We would watch the snow fall, the plow go by and the men shoveling snow. We were in constant awe of nature.
This sign cracked me up. Pun intended. You may have to click on it, to see it better.
We were walking in town and saw this older gentelman trying to shovel his car out of the driveway. Kari offered the menfolk to shovel the snow. There was only one shovel, so the men took turns. The rest of us would stand around critiquing their work. Lots of giggling ensued.
My poor man got sick. When everyone went out to dinner one night we decided to stay in. I bought some microwave dinners. We rented Megamind and just enjoyed the quiet and alone time. Don't you just love the pink blanket. He sure is a secure man.One night after dinner we sent Kari and Sean down to Sonora, where we could get cellphone reception, to call the babysitters. Our group forgot to get keys to the cabin from Sean. So we had to sit in our cars to stay warm. Jared and I got in our car and went to the local 7-11 (it has been so long since I was in one of those). We got some treats and then waited the rest of the time in our car. So in the end we all waited almost an hour for the key to arrive. We learned from that one.

1 comment:
I loved playin with the boys. Mandi was hilarious cause she just wanted to throw all her chips in.
Post a Comment