Pause

I have to break up the chronicles of our trip, because the cutest thing happened yesterday. Alicia got her FSME vaccination yesterday, becasue we have such a big problem with ticks where we live.

I tried to prepare her for the shot without scarying her. I reminded her when the dr had poked her arm during past visits and told her it was going to happen again. She wanted to know what the medicine was for. So I told her that about the bugs in the grass and trees that bite and make people really sick and that the medicine will keep her from getting sick if she gets bitten.

This was our conversation on the way home:
Alicia: Mommy, tomorrow I am showing me teacher my band-aid from where the bug bit me.
Mom (laughing): It wasn't a bug. It was a shot.
Alicia: I will she my teacher where the shot bit me.

We got home and I was telling Gma and Bahnka how good Alicia did with her shot. How she didn't cry or even flinch. I was so proud of her. Well, when she saw her daddy she had to tell him that when the dr gave her the shot she didn't cry or "pinch".

2 comments:

Amy said...

WAIT!!!! I HAVE BEEN M.I.A. are you still in Utah? I hope you didn't come here and not see me!

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

It has been so long since I've read blogs!!! It was fun to catch up on yours and hear about your fun trip. I am so sad that we weren't there when you came so we could see you. I am glad that you got to come out though- poor hammy (loved that you actually broke him, by the way- classic.)