That Much Closer to 30

On Monday I celebrated my 26th Birthday. This one was a truly simple but wonderful and enjoyable one. Jared made it so special for me. The night before we had a huge amount of snow fall, so that disrupted some of his plans for me. But this also provided us with some other unplanned moments and memories.

B-day Girl and the flowers that Rike gave me!!

After Jared went out to shovel the snow off our driveway and sidewalk (the girls and I had so much fun watching him from the window and talking to him) he went to the local bakery and got some treats for breakfast. He also got me some beautiful flowers from the floral shop. They are so gorgeous and smell so good.
Jared took care of the girls while I layed down to try and sleep. He bundled them up and took them for a drive. I got some much needed quiet and rest. I wasn't able to sleep but my body got rest. While they were out Jared took Anne and Alicia and bought a sled. When I got ready we drove into Nürnberg to pick up Robby and do a little shopping.

It had been the plan for Jared and I to go out to our favorite restaurant (El Mexicano) but, unbeknownst to me, the plan had to be modified because some of the plans fell through. So instead we decided to do my family b-day dinner that night. We bought the cordon bleu and veggies that I wanted and headed home. Jared also let me pick out some new movies for my b-day gift.

Once we got home we went up the large hill by our house and Jared took the girls sledding. The pictures of this are on the post below. I really loved seeing the joy and wonder of it through the eyes of Anne and Alicia. I loved being the video and picture taker and staying much warmer.

We went to the Dautels to get warm again and relax alittle with the family. Beate has been so sick for almost a week now, so we didn't see her that day. While the girls took a nap I got my present from Ray. He gave me a pedicure (he gives the best ones), while we watched one of the new movies we got. I love having my soft and smooth feet, plus the massage that comes with the pedicure.

My sweet husband and some of the family all worked together to make my b-day dinner. I wasn't allowed to do anything. The whole day I wasn't allowed to even change any diapers. I felt so pampered and loved. It was so nice to be able to just sit back and enjoy the special moments of the day. It has been so long since I have been able to do that.

Doesn#t that all look just delicious!!!


Of course the dinner was absolutely delicious and so lovingly made. It wasn't the same though without Beate there. My girls sang Happy Birthday to me several times through the day. They are so cute. Rike gave me a wonderful card and some flowers. After cake and muffins (again so delicious) we got the girls ready for bed and then Jared and I headed home. The Dautels agreed to keep the girls so I could sleep through the night and sleep in.
Cute little Anne blew out my candles for me while we were singing. it made the whole thing so much more memorable.


I got to do one of my favorite things when we got home...lay in bed with my hubby, cuddle and watch a movie. Then just fall asleep when I wanted to. It was so nice to be able to wake up in the morning when my body wanted to and to not be jerked out of sleep by a crying child. And when I woke up during the night I could immediately go back to sleep, knowing that there were no children calling for me.

Then on Tuesday night Jared took me out for the Mexican dinner we had planned for the night before. When we got there I found out that Jared had arranged for some of our friends to meet us there. That was the reason we had to do it a day later. He had invited Ben and Jenny Keil and Sara and Uwe Schulz. The day before Ben had been sick, so it was delayed. Then about a couple hours before we left for the restaurant they called again and said that Jenny was suddenly sick this time. We missed having them with us, but still loved being with the Schulzes.

It was such a good b-day and it just proved to me what a wonderful man I married and why I love him so much.

3 comments:

Karen said...

What a wonderful birthday you had with so many loving acts of love and kindness given to you by the whole Dautel family. You are right, you have a WONDERFUL husband and his is just perfect for you, what a blessing!!

Mandi said...

oh, that sounds like the perfect relaxing day for you...I can just imagine Jared thinking it through and making sure it was super special.

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Happy Birthday. I love how you make birthdays an all day event and full of fun and special things. Kudos Jared. Enjoy your 26th year!