Garden Week 6

This week was a big one for our garden. We got the little plot of land ready.
Jared had to take up grass and roots. He was such a good sport to come home from work several days and work on it for about and hour each time.

The girls loved using their new garden tools to get the pieces of sod to the compost pile.

And here it is all cleared out and ready for planting.

Along the edge you can see the 1 zuccinni and 2 pumpkin plants. The rest are the tomato plants. I am going to do the peas in another week or two. And the beans later in the month.
So far they have survived being planted into really earth. Ray helped me get this lattice set up for the peas and beans. It was quite inovative. He also helped me decide where to plant what. We couldn't have done any of this without him.

3 comments:

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Exciting. You are going to have three little green thumb gardeners by the time this is all over. I love the toy tools. I can almost smell the fresh veggies now!

Mandi said...

I want to eat that dirt.

Amy said...

You are going to love a garden!