When Did That Happen?

Each birthday for my kids reminds me that I am getting older. But I love them anyway. It was Alicia's turn this time, and she loved it.
We decorated the family room and surprised her with it. We did the same thing on Anne's birthday and I suspect it will become a tradition. Alicia even mentioned it a couple days before.

Since we are working on our family garden, Jared got her some personal garden tools. Boy, was she excited!
And because Alicia got gift on Anne's birthday we got her one too. After the gifts we went out and worked on preparing the garden more. They loved using their new tools.

Alicia had been requesting roasted marshmellows for several days, so Bahnka did a bbq for her b-day dinner. He also made his wonderful potato salad.


I did it the easy way this time and just made a no-bake cheesecake. She didn't mind, and no else did either. It was wonderful with the fresh strawberries. It was a really great day and we had so much fun together as a family.

4 comments:

Rike said...

So, I am not kidding or exaggerating! my nieces are THE most adorable kids I have ever seen and I started crying like a little baby because I miss them sooooo much! I'm so happy you had such a fantastic day! I'm so sad I missed it and wish I could have been there. I can't believe Alicia is already 3. I love my family! You are all the best. I wish we could all celebrate my birthday and mothers day together this year!

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Such a spring-y birthday...I love it! Birthdays are so much more fun when they are for your kids, even if that does mean we are getting older. I guess it is worth it!

Mandi said...

I love the garden stuff...way to get them excited about it.

Kathi said...

Oh how fun! The gardening tools look like a lot of fun and the cheesecake looks amazing! You are quite the baker Kristin