Inspirational Music

My wife just barely showed me two videos on youtube which really touched me. I would like to share that with you.

The first one, is the song “The Prayer” which was written by David Foster and performed many times. I believe this version was recorded during the Christmas season of 2009. I don’t think I have ever heard a more beautiful version of this song even though some of my favorite singers have performed it before. Just another testimony of how strong the spirit works through music. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k9OC2ycCaQ

This second one, is a song that is called “The Lords Prayer”. It is a beautiful song but very hard to sing. I have heard several attempts to perform this but have not heard many successful versions. David Foster explains a little bit in his intro, about how this version came about. It was probably recorded during the same time “The Prayer” was recorded. Again, I was deeply touched by the wonderful spirit and the very beautiful arrangement of this prayer. If you don’t know, the soloist is Andrea Bocelli, an Italian singer who is blind. David Foster is playing the organ (plese note that he is not using any sheet music) This combination makes it just that much more powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAFj2-u2cGQ

No comments: