Sledding and More Sledding

We had lots of snow the week before Christmas, that gave me hope for a white Christmas. Sadly, it melted. Then week got snow the week after and it is here to stay. That is just cruel.
Jared and Richy took the girls out to play one evening. There's my little surfer!

A couple days later we were invited to spend the afternoon with Jared's uncle and family. We had some wonderful chili and vegetable soup. Then more sledding was on the agenda. They had a wonderful hill behind their house. I stayed with Katie. I was warm and got a small nap while snuggling with my baby. Doesn't get much better than that.

The sledders had so much fun though. They even had some old-fashioned sleighs. Anne and Alicia had to tell me all abou them.

Katie is sitting with Jared's Uncle Bernd. I was surprised how at ease she was with them. No shyness at all. She is also waving now. For her it means "bye-bye", "nite-nite", and "hi".

Aunt Heike loves being a great-Aunt. I remember how excited she was to be an Aunt when Anne was born. She is one of my favorite people in the world.

I loved this picture of Bernd showing Anne and Alicia nativity.
We are so blessed to have family close.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh wow the sledding looks like a ton of fun!!!