Oh the Horror!!!

This is a bit delayed but...oh, well.

Jared gave me the best gifts for my birthday. First off, he let me sleep in and took care of the girls the morning of my b-day. It was so nice to be able to hear the girls, jostle Jared, and roll over to go back to sleep. Actually, I was amazed the he would hear them as soon as I would. I guess when he knows it is his resposibility he listens for them like I do, if not he won't hear a thing.
Jared had the girls help him make my b-day breakfast. I came down and found a wonderful traditional English breakfast (my favorite). And on my plate was this beautiful rose (also my favorite rose) and scroll. The scroll was another one of my gifts.

Rike made me a WONDERFUL chocolate cake. I am still waiting for the 2 recipes, Rike! And of course, the girls helped her...


...by licking the bowl and the spoon.
Here is the finished product. It is probably the most beautiful cake I have ever had. And boy was it rich! I needed milk to go with.
We were all surprised to find out that the candles were trick candles. It took forever to get them to stop. We did the cake after Anne and Alicia's dinner and before the adult dinner, so they could have some before bed.

I requested steak and potatoes for my b-day dinner. Here is my appitizer of steak and potatoes before the main meal.
A couples days after my b-day Jared arranged for our friends to come over for dinner, conversation and a little Wii. I have pictures of that, but they are still on my camera. I will add them later.
All in all it was a great b-day.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday (belated)! I think your cake looks delicious! It is so nice to read your blog and keep up to date with you. Do you realize it is 6 years since we met on the plane to WDW. My how goes by! Thanks for being so bubbly and calming my nerves back then. I love you and I am so happy we are friends. Even if now it is only on the blog world we can "see" eachother! Happy Birthday! Hugs Amy

Anonymous said...

the cake does look amazing! I love the trick candles, i love that you had to work hard to get them. Yay!