Firsts and Lasts

This new year has been about Anne. She has been busy this last couple of days.
On Sunday she had her last day in nursery. They had a farewell party for all the kids who are moving up to Sunbeams.

Last Thursday she smashed her thumb in door. It got all black and swollen. On Monday I took her into the pediatrian. He said we should take her into the hospital to have them check it. There was the possibility that the nail would have to be surgically removed (with the unlikely possibility of her needing a couple days of antibiotics through an IV). I called Jared, he gave her a blessing and we took her to the hospital. She was so good and patient while we waited and waited to see the dr, get x-rays, and wait to see the dr again. They said the thumb wasn't broken and they just needed to drain all the blood out of the finger.
I was pacing all around the room as they drained it. Jared held Anne and she never made a sound. Just asked questions. I was more nervous than she was. I think she found it fascinating. Maybe she will be a nurse or something. It is healing great.
I commented to Jared that this is the first hospital-worthy injury any of our kids have had so far. I guess it is a good record. But it is broken now, so I guess we are entering that stage of parenthood. Oh boy...

1 comment:

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Yay for Sunbeams! Not so yay about the finger though. All in all, it looks like it was a pretty great New Years though. Hope your 2010 is a happy one! (and hope Anne gets feeling better soon.)