Week Almost Over


 These pictures about sum up what this week has done to us.  Robby took them weeks ago, but I am finally getting them put up here, but they seem appropriate for this time.

We were at the emergency room with this little one.  For several weeks she has been struggling with pain in her foot. She mostly walks on her heal now and this has made her and me an emotional wreck.  Anyway, we finally took her in and it is not broken. They think it is just inflammed. But we do have an appointment at a clinic for further scans. Good Luck, to us.

I was also at the dentist with Anne to get a tooth pulled. Her first tooth was loose but just wouldn't come out and the new tooth was already growing in. So out it came. She was so brave and good. I am so proud of my girl.  She brought the tooth home and showed everyone. Then that night she came upstairs hysterical.  She had lost her tooth somewhere and now the toothfairy couldn't come!!!!!  Jared and I went down with her and Jared found her tooth.  At about 4am I woke Jared up in a panic. I asked him if the toothfairy had left her some money?  He assured me that she/he (there has been debate in this house about the gender) had.  Phew!!! The next morning early, she came in to show me the money the toothfairy left.  I love being a mom. She even has her next loose tooth.  The toothfairy may go broke.

I was also at the pediatrian for Hyrum's cough (He also had diahrrea 2 nights in a row, twice each night. His pajamas were soaked through each time.) and a follow-up on Katie's foot.  The challenge now is getting Katie sit most of the day with her foot wrapped, to give it a chance to heal.  Not an easy task a mother of an extremely stubborn and determine-minded 3 year old, who has 3 other children and in the middle of a major international move.  Daddy, ever the resourceful softie, got her some new "Shaun the Sheep" and "Thomas the Tank Engine" to watch.
Our car is broken, so we are running on one car for 9 people on longer trips. Jared's work computer died. He is working constantly because of some deadlines and this was such bad timing. He is stressed out of his mind and literally close to a nervous breakdown.   Plus, we are desperately trying to get things going with this move.

 We have a huge garbage container in our driveway quickly filling with things that have been accumulating in this house for the past 20 years.  Our house is slowly emptying as people come and take things and we clean out rooms. Several rooms have already been cleared out and painted. It feels so good to get all of this done. But the house is in a constant state of chaos, emotionally and physically.

Oh, add to that Katie being awake for hours at a time in the middle of the night, thus Hyrum being awake.  We have a gate in their doorway, so she can't get out. Well, this girl is the most resourceful and the greatest problem-solving 3 year old I know. She will climb on anything and get over that gate. I have taken any toy out of her room each night that she can climb on. But she stacks her stuffed animals up and uses those to climb over.  What do you do with a child like that?!  So either Jared or I are up dealing with that each night. 

Anyway, that about sums up our week and it isn't over yet.. Crazy, huh!!

But the weather has turned warm and beautiful. The kids have loved being outside and playing and we have loved letting them.

2 comments:

Jacob and Rike H. said...

I don't pitty you the chaos.... I bet you are handling it much better than y'all think!!! It will pass. I love you all and wish I could help more!

Richard said...

haha well I think The problem is you all have not had a relaxing moment with me on skype to talk and let me calm you all down.

I had no idea Jareds computer broke down... and to answer your question what to do with a girl like Katie... keep a record of her inventions and problem solving and reserve a place at the MIT now!!