Real Is Good

All growing up, each Christmas Jared's family had a real Christmas tree. I grew up with artificial ones.  Since I joined the Dautels we have done an artificial tree.  Since this is our last Christmas in Germany and all the family will be together year, we wanted Beate to have a real tree. It is our Christmas gift to her.  She loves the real ones. We had this planned months ago. Our girls were very good about keeping it a secret. 

A week ago, Jared and I took Beate to pick out her tree. We went to a local, family owned tree farm. Beate walked around and picked the one she wanted. She was so excited!!!!  Success!!!!
 I think the tree looks like a green sausage!
 Grandpa was the official ornament hander-outer.
 Grandma was in charge of telling the girls where to put the ornaments.
 I asked Katie to show me the ornament.  Just after this picture it dropped, but luckily didn't break.
Here is the finished product!!!

Poor Jared had to work throug the whole thing.

2 comments:

Richard said...

I can't wait to see the tree with my own eyes and to smell the smell of Christmas again I did miss that a lot during the past years when we used the artificial one!
do you remember the story of the Christmas Truce of 1914 in the French Battlefield trenches between German and mostly British Troops? One of the first things they did to signal their intent for this was to hold up christmas trees above the trenches and then to sing carols. The whole story is incredibly inspiring and tearproducing... Christmas trees are a beautiful tradition!

Jacob and Rike H. said...

oH oH ohhhohhhahhh!!!!! i CAN'T WAIT to see the christmas tree and to smell it and to sweep the pine needles... That's a great gift! I'm very excited. you should look at our tree at our home. It looks a little like Mom's when she has the artificial one...