Tis the Season...

...for decorations and family time.


 For 2nd Advent we read "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and "Twas the Night Before Christmas".  We decided on each of the advents we want to do something special as a family and help bring the real spirit of Christmas into focus for us and our kids.  I love the message of "The Grinch" book and Jared had never heard it (being raised in Germany).  He was such a sweetie and ordered me a copy, plus some other Dr. Suess books to start our collection.

I read the book, then Ray read the poem to the girls.  It was nice to talk to our girls about the what is important at Christmas. Their response was cute when we asked them.

I just thing Beate's nativity is beautiful.  I can't to have my own some day.

2 comments:

Jacob and Rike H. said...

those are new figurines... cool cookies! Why are they so dark? What kind did you make! I hope there'll be some left when we get there :)

Richard said...

Lovely. Just lovely! I loked for a nativity scene I liked In England but nothing was nice enough for me to take the bait and be willing to spend a lot on it...
I love those green and white and gold Snowflakes or what ever they are they look very festive and cute!
I love the picture of Dad (AKA GRANDPA, AKA BAHNKA) telling sory this is such a lovely Grandpa thing to do!