More History

This may be boring to some, but fascinating to me, so skip this is you get bored.

Jared and I had some meetings for church one evening but Jared also had a meeting for work earlier.  So we went in early together.  We hadn't had lunch yet, so Jared dropped me off at the Burger King next to where is meeting was. I got something to eat and sat there and read.  I got to read for 2 hours without chaos, children needing something and in peace. It was heavenly!!!!!  After his meeting we left and did some winter shopping for the kids and just loved the time together, then headed to our meetings.  It was simple but wonderful and so refreshing.

Anyway, I thought you all might find this Burger King interesting.  I bet all you in America have never seen a Burger like this before.  It is in a building that Hitler had built as part of the rally grounds I have mentioned earlier.  Those black things are massive doors.  I need to read the plaque to find out what this building was intended for.
 I have passed this building so many times, but had never noticed that you can still see where the Nazi emblem was on the building.  I love how history is so tangible here.  All this things I have learned about my whole life I am seeing first hand and I am talking to people who experienced them personally.  What an experience.

No comments: