German Unification Day

Last Monday as we all know was October 3rd.  In Germany this is a national holiday celebrating the unification of East and West Germany over 20 years ago.  We had a fun day with our friends.

The original idea was to go to the zoo.  But when we got there the lines were huge at the entrance and we used our common sense and decided to do something else.  There is an awesome park close to our home that I have been dying to take the kids too.  It is right by a pond and every weekend there is a flea market across the pond.  There are benches everywhere and the play equipement is so fun.  So we went there.

 Katie was deteremined to get up there.  I didn't know if she would make it but she did.
 And came back down again.
 This is the view from the park.  It is bad quality because it is from Jared's iphone and it is zoomed.  On the hill you can see a mideval fortress.
His daddy did that. He is so mature.  But his grandpa tried to lay him down in the sand and cover all of him but his head.  Luckily, my boy wouldn't put up with that.  We spent several hours at that park and had a lot of fun.  It was really relaxing too.

3 comments:

Mandi said...

I love a good outing. and you are going to miss those views when you get back to boring america. Unless of course you find the view of Wal Mart thrilling. I know I do.

Rike said...

Mandi. Jake and I go on Dates to wal-mart.We particularly like to make out in the fish isle. We dubbed it the most romantic place on earth, followed by DI. Yes, we are strange! :)

Kris,
Your kids are so stinkind adorable!!! I Miss them so much. I can't wait for Christmas. Jake is so thrilled to be an uncle. he keeps telling me that it was one of the most exciting perks of marrying me.

Kathi said...

I can't believe that Hyrum is so big! It's craziness. And I just assumed katie was alicia or annie. Wow.