This is our cabin the morning we got there. I got up really early. Jared and I had our room in the finished basement of the cabin. I was exhausted when we got there and went to bed early, while Jared played x-box with the menfolk. It was freezing in our room (we had to sleep in the loft with Ben and Mandi after that, because it the cold in our room gave Jared a bad cold).Isn't the cabin beautiful. The snow may have made things a little more inconvienent, but is sure made the whole landscape magical and gorgeous.
This is how the road to our cabin looked a lot the time. We had to wait each day for the snowplow to come through to go out to eat. The first day we sent out a "rescue party" to stock up on supplies for meals and munchies. Jared and I had come prepared for spring weather, so he got us some boots. Luckily we had coats and mittens.
The men spent a whole lot of time shoveling the driveway and cars. I think only the women gained weight, because the men got a work out multiple times a day.
The snow was always falling off the roof. We had to clear a path from the door each day. It even piled up high enough to the windows that we had to clear it away, so the windows wouldn't break. I think during the week that we were there it snowed about 6 feet. It made the whole time that much more of an adventure.
1 comment:
I am still amazed by all the snow. I admire those men shoveling and shoveling and shoveling. Better them than me I always say.
Post a Comment