Only A Couple More to Go

A Bitter/Sweet thing happens around this time each year. My birthday! I get 1 year closer to the dreaded age of 30. Despite this, I always am so excited for my birthday. It is my day to do what I want, and I sooo need it. Jared and the family always make it a special time.
Jared and the girls started the day off with breakfast for me. Complete with chocolate, gifts and a smiley-face...just for me. We had homemade egg mcmuffins and hot chocolate. It was yummy, yummy. Jared even got me some beautiful roses. The ones with red tips were like the the ones in my wedding bouquet. But that is a whole other story.
I love jewelry, but it doesn't have to be expense...just pretty. This was from Jared and the girls. Ray and Beate's gift was a contribution to "Hammy". He is our piggy-bank for our trip to America in March.
Because Ray is in the hospital (more details later) and Beate goes to visit him everyday we have postponed my other birthday celebrations. I want to go to the Temple with Jared and make a day of it and also have a get-together with our friends...without kids. I want fondue for my birthday dinner with the family. We decided to wait on that until Ray is home again and make it a double celebration.
I spent the afternoon with my friend, Sara. We did a little shopping and had lunch at a wonderful mexican restaraunt. We decided that we needed to do things like this more often. And we want to take our husbands to the restaraunt too. Just thinking about it is making me hungry.
Once I was home and Beate was back from visting Ray, Jared and I ordered some take-out and locked ourselves in our room for the evening. We rented "The Sorcorer's Apprentice" and really enjoyed it.
Jared's other gift for arrived yesterday. He bought me the 7th and final season of Star Trek: The Next Generation. Our collection of that is now complete...so onto the next series. We are trying to collect as many series that we like as possible, so we and our kids don't need to watch tv and all the junk that goes comes along with the stuff we like. Anyone have any suggestions?
Anyway, it was a great birthday and loved not feeling obligated to do things. That is the best gift for me. I will post things on the rest of the celebrations when they happen.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! I am so glad you had fun! If we were together we would totally be going to mexican more often! I love you and hope everyday is magical, especially your birthday!

Mandi said...

hey kristin...pretty sure your egg mc muffuns were making me salvate...big time.

maybe you should get some "veegee" seasons =)

Traci said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like a great breakfast! Sounds like you had a great day. FYI - I'm still feeling great! Only 3 more months to go.

Doodlecraft said...

Happy Birthday! I will be 30 this month...yes, it's true...cupcakes will probably help!
Anyways, looks like so much fun!!!