I found a cupcake mix in the store here...a miracle. And I was excited to make them. We got a surprise visit from Uncle Oli, which added to the fun. Alicia "helped" me make the cupcakes...just a little stress. Then I had a mental breakdown, but Ray was sweet and took me for a looooong walk and helped me.
Hammy even made it into one of the pictures.
Anne and Alicia got to help me put the chocolate flakes on the cupcakes. They were proud of themselves. In the end the cupcakes didn't taste all that great. Katie literally spit hers out on the first bite. And cried when I tried to feed it to her again.
Sadly, Katie was sick and had just woken up from her nap when we started the celebration. This face says it all about her mood.
She was only content when she was sitting on Bahnka's or my lap. Anne and Alicia were so enthusiastic about the gifts. A few roughed up cupcakes were the result. They love sharing the moments with Katie.
Jared and I got her this dress so she can dress-up with her sisters. Her sisters made some art pieces to hang in her room. Gma and Bahnka got her a huge squishy frog, that she insists on having in her bed at night. And they also gave her a little thing for her to pretend driving with. She loves it, but so do her sisters. She was so excited about all her gifts and it really gave everything such a fun feel. I can't believe she is getting so big.
2 comments:
hammy sure is eyeing those cupcakes. I just love katie's belle dress. if you keep popping out girls you could have all of the princesses...plus a prince.
She is so cute! I love that you listed all her words below. I always think I should do that and never do. I am glad the day was a success- even if it wasn't what you expected. Happy Birthday Katie!
Post a Comment