Homemade Forts

I remember as a child making forts out of blankets draped over furniture. We would even use books to keep the blankets in place. I decided that my girls need these experiences also. So this week has been fort week, I guess. I have used 2 chairs and our exercize bike. They love it and have been surprisingly good about not overloading the space with toys. It has been a nice little retreat for them and a chance for them to have their own special space.
Ice Cream...mm mm good!! And sitting between 2 such great guys, even better.

4 comments:

Rike said...

Cute!! Good Idea. I always felt secure in the forts we build growing up. We used our bunk beds or matresses or what ever else we could find. I love jareds shirt and hat! Who ever was the gracious donater? :) Who ever it was, had amazing, terrific taste!

Mandi said...

Oh the days of fort making! The most frustrating thing is when you would have it all made and perfect and then the books would slide under the weight...forts are complicated things. I love all of the byu gear floating around...have to counter balance all of those U of U vibes.

Rachel said...

Our family loves to make forts too! I think that is a childhood rite of passage.

Traci said...

So fun! I love that you help your girls to make forts. I remember doing that too and loved it!