Morning Swim

This morning, in the midst of a highly stressful situation, Beate called and asked if we wanted to go swimming with her. I am not a fan of swimming,but knew the girls needed to get out of the house and have a change of pace and scenery. So I ran around frantically getting the girls dressed and everything needed gathered. I never found Alicia's swimsuit so she just wore a swim diaper and a tank-top. My swimsuit doesn't fit so I just left my shirt on over it. Katie stayed with her Grandpa.

The water was so cold that Alicia was content to sit on the step and watch a butterfly on the pavement. She is not as daring as Anne is.

Now, Anne didn't like the cold water. But she went in anyway. She loved the slide. Gma would catch her at the bottom. She would slow herself down to a stop at the bottom and Gma would just pick her up off the slide. Just once did she go down full speed and fly into Gma's arms.
We also sat in the kiddie pool and splashed each other.

And of course, no trip to the pool would complete with out ice cream. I think that was the highlight.

No comments: