I hope no one is feeling overloaded with all my blog entries. It just that this is our family journal and I am making blog books out of them. So they are picture and information heavy. I am behind on getting events put up here. So I try to do one every couple days, that way those of you who wade through it all get a chance to read before the next one is put up.
In May we made our first visit to the local lake of the summer. I am sure you will be hearing about other visits as the summer goes. Jared loves the lake and so do the girls. I love watching their excitment and seeing Jared's inner child come out. And Jared is wonderful and doesn't make me get in the water.
Jared spent several days coordinating with friends and I think everyone enjoyed themselves.

My ever creative and clever husband made this canapy for us. He knows I hate heat and direct sun, so he put this together. Since the day ended up being rainy it came in handy for that too.

We used the stroller to cart everything around. The poor thing was probably wondered what it had done to deserve that kind of treatment.

Because it was so rainy the water was way too cold. Here are the disappointed swimmers.

Figuring out the Weather.
Once the rain and wind got so bad that it was destroying our little pavillion the mothers decided that enough was enough and we made the men take down camp and get out of there. I even got water poured on me when the wind picked up and dumped the water from the pavillion on me.
Ray joined just as we had packed up. We were making the long walk back to the car when the sun came out and everyone decided to stay. So we layed out the blankets and relaxed again.

We laid out the wet tarps so they could dry. The girls thought this was the best. They loved rolling around on them.

It even got warm enough that many in the group got in the water. Of course my girls weren't about to be left out. Gpa was good to take care of them and push them around the water.

Alicia was cold from getting all wet. Jared had told me the weather was going to be warm, so I didn't pack jackets or pants. My poor girls were freezing. One of the mothers with us let Alicia borrow her son's jacket.

Naturally, Katie was good sport most of the time. She did have a screaming fit in the begining. Finally I coaxed her to sleep and then she was content for the rest of the day. She loved sitting in her stroller and just watching everyone.

The adults loved playing volleyball...

and the kids love the sand.

Jared even got a chance to play badmiton.
It ended up being one of our most memorable trips to the park so far. I just hope that sometime the summer we will manage to have a our sunny day at the lake, ever.
1 comment:
What a fun day! Too bad it wasn't as sunny and nice as it should have been. That reminds me of WA a lot. Every time we go to the beach, it is cloudy and windy and half the time rains. It took me a year of living here to finally see the sun on the WA coast. I hope you get your sunny day at the park.
That is so funny that we have friends Jared and Kristina and then you guys, Jared and Kristin. Only one letter difference. I had never put that together.
Post a Comment