Father's Day 2009

Father's Day this year became Father's Weekend. Jared came home from work a couple hours early on Friday and I told him that this was his weekend and was allowed to do whatever he wanted. And he wasn't allowed to argue. He went and played sports with some people from the ward, played computer games with his brothers, and even got to play the piano. On Saturday we went and got some wonderful mexican food from the local restaraunt. Then Sunday was the dessert time and gift time.
A couple days before we bought Jared a new suit for church and some movies. That and the weedend to do what he wanted were my gifts to him. Plus, having him do what he wanted was nice for me, because then I didn't have to make any choices. I just made him do that.

I had an American cake mix that I knew he loved so I had planned to make it. Unfortunately, all the wonderful plans I had for this cake didn't work out. So he ended up having cupcakes out of them. And I ran out of powdered sugar, so the frosting was good but not quite as good as I could have wished. They turned out nice though.

In the envelopes by the cupcakes were note and pictures the girls had done for their dad a couple days before. I told Anne that it was a surprise, not knowing if she really understood it or not. Well, that night when Jared got home she blurted the whole thing out to him. I asked each girls a variety of questions about what they loved about their dad and listed them, while they drew him pictures. I even did one for Katie. She even held the crayon and just let her hand move where ever it wanted to.

He was such a good sport and let me smear frosting all over his face.

Jared told the girls to eat their cupcakes without their hands. They loved it and thought it was so funny.

So Jared did the same thing with Robby, but this time it was a contest to see who was the fastest.
Jared told me that it was a great Father's Day. I hope so. It is the best dad and his girls just love him. He worries so much about how we are doing and if all his girls (including me) are happy. And we are...because we have him.

4 comments:

Amy said...

That sounds like a lovely father's day! I think it is so sweet!

Ruth Done said...

I can't wait to let Jack eat his cupcake with his hands behind his back.

The Eldredge's said...

Oh that's so great!! You are such a great wife!! I unfortunately was in New York for Father's Day so I didn't get to do anything special for my hubby.

Mandi said...

Oh Kristin you sneeky poo, making Jared make all of the desicions.