
This is Linderhof, another palace from the crazy Emporer Ludwig. This man had quite the obsessions. In this one and the one at Chimsee he had a table to eat at that could be set down in the kitchen then raised to where he would eat. This castle has a grotto that he made for who knows why. It all is spectacular though and are quite the tourist attractions.

One of the most amazing statues on the grounds. It even did different poses.

From this spot you can see the palace and how he landscaped the front and back "yards".

He had a thing for the spectacular!

It just keeps going.

I love these archways all over the grounds. And of course, the best part about a visit to the palace is holding Jared's hand as we walked around.

I am amazed at how good Katie was throug the whole trip. She seemed content to just be pushed around in her stroller and be talked to by Ben and Mandi as we drove around everywhere.

Naturally, she did get hungry sometimes. But that was easy to fix.
We went to see Linderhof on our way home from Neuschwanstein. While getting there we traveled through Austria for about a half hour. Another country Ben can add to his list of countries he has visited.

We stopped at this lake while in Austria. Again this is filled with crystal clear glacier water. Ben and Jared being boys had the most fun by skipping rocks. They taught Mandi how to do it too.

And Mandi, being Mandi, naturally wanted to get into the water. Those shoes are the best.
3 comments:
Wow! Linderhof looks like an incredible site. If I ever make it to Germany, I'll definitely put that one on the top of my list! Sounds like you all had lots of fun while Ben and Mandi were there.
Wow, Linderhof looks amazing! It's all so beautiful. Love the picture of the boys skipping rocks. Every beach/lake/river we visit, the boys are always throwing/skipping rocks. So funny!
These pictures are taking my breath away. I'm telling my husband all about them. I can only imagine what it is like to be there.
Post a Comment