Where does the time go?

I wanted to put a picture of Anne from her birth up with all these, but it is on another computer. So I will add it later. Yesterday was a special day for many reasons. Of course the one all know is that it is Valentine's Day. But 3 years ago we had a very special valentine's gift...Anne was born at 4:15 in the morning. It has been quite the 3 years with this little girl. We have spent alot of time disciplining, teaching, hugging and most of all laughing with this very special girl.

Because Aunt Rike left the day before Anne's b-day for America she had a special mini party for Anne. These 2 girls have formed the most amazing relationship. At times I have wondered if maybe she even loves her Aunt Rike more than us. Rike found this really cute book about a butterfly named Beate. It has beautiful pictures that sparkle. Both girls were just fascinated by it.
Aunt Rike even got her a mini "cake" with candles that she could blow out.
Then this is what happened yesterday on her actual b-day...she and her sisters are sick with bad coughs and fevers. Doesn't look fun, huh! But she did get a phone call from her great-grandma Dautel. She is lucky to be able to talk to her so much on the phone. I hope she is able to remember these things. We decided to forego the big b-day meal of Cordon Bleu and Fries (we figured since fries are her favorite we would make something that goes with it), until she is feeling better. We just had a short celebration with her cake (since it was already defrosted) and her presents.
I decided a couple b-days ago that I just don't have the time or creativity to make fancy homemade cakes for my kids. I love the ones that others make and wish I could. But I am learning what my limitations are and improvising. So we buy these beautiful store-bought ones. And since I like being able imediately know which b-day it is when I look at a picture I use the number candles. So there is never any doubt. This year Anne's cake came with 3 cute Disney character candles, so we put those on with it. I must be doing something right with my kids, cuz both Anne and Alicia love Disney!!! They must be my daughteres.Here is the Birhtday Girl with her cake and presents. The ones on the left are from Gma and Gpa Dautel and the ones on the right are from her dad and I.The presents came first. Here are all her gifts. Jared and I gave her the dresses (she desperately needed them) and the DVD. Nothing huge, we had to buy her a new carseat right after Katie was born, so I guess that counts as one too. Gma and Gpa got her the bubbles, punching balloon and the matress. The matress is so she can have sleep-overs at their house and be comfortable.It took a couple attempts but finally the candles were all blown out. This is the part of b-days that she talks about the most.She even got to cut the cake...with Daddy's help. It tasted wonderful!!!

3 comments:

Rike said...

this is so cute! Thanks for posting this. I am so sorry I couldn't be there to help you with all the sicklings! Did the flowers arrive on time? I love and miss you guys! I am going up to St. George today and will stay until wednesday.
love you!
Rike
PS> NO WAY that Annie or the other girls could ever love anyone more than their MOMMY AND DADDY!

Anonymous said...

How cute and fun!!! I love her holding her hand up as she blows out the little cake. It looks like she got alot of great stuff for her birthday. She sure is very loved!

Rachel said...

What a good mom you are, I can't believe it has been 3 years since you had little Anne, doesn't time fly when you are busy mothering? And I love the store bought cake. YOu can be supermom & still give your kids store bought cakes!