Mysterious Morning

We had quite the morning this morning. I was late getting off to church. Jared is sick so I let him sleep while I got me and the girls ready. Then I remembered that Alicia's carseat was in her Uncle Richy's car and they had already left for church. So it was decided that she would stay with her dad.

While I was getting everything ready I had to go downstairs to the dryer to get Anne's dress. I looked out and noticed lots of snow on the car, but it wasn't smooth like freshly fallen snow is. I thought that was odd, but thought nothing else about it. Back in the apartment I noticed a couple times a very loud strange noise. It sounded like an earthquake, but without the accompaning shaking and distress. I wondered what it was but couldn't figure it out.

I was loading the car with all the bags and Anne, when I finally solved the mystery of all these strange things. These pictures are proof of the crime and the perpetrator.This shows the car with all the oddly placed snow, all of the snow around the car was disturbed too.

The first indication that something was seriously wrong was when I looked at the windshield as I loaded the back. I noticed that it looked really strange. At first I thought it was the snow, but then realized it was the glass and as I looked further I noticed that it was shattered and almost completley caved in.

I thought it must have been some sort of vandalism, because of the way the snow looked...like someone purposely threw it on there and broke the glass. I quickly realized that was impossible. Then it finally occured to me. It must have come from the roof. So I looked up and sure enough there was a spot right above the car that had no snow. This shows you where the snow fell from and how far it fell. Just to the left of the gabled window. No wonder it did so much damage. This is the windshield. Looks great, huh? As we were removing the snow we found that it was combination of heavy, wet snow and thick ice. All of this falling off the roof was the strange sound I heard during the morning.
This is what it did the the top of the car. The hood also has a small dent.
Our poor Betty (that is the car's name) being taken away. We will have to se how much all this is going to cost and how much the insurance will pay.

4 comments:

Ruth Done said...

I'm guessing you were late for church. How awful, I'm glad that no one got hurt!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kristin! That's is awful! Sounds like something that would happen to nancy. I'm so sorry. I hope the insurance will take over alot. I love you!

Rike said...

awful! Good timing for me to be here! Is that a reason for me to stay so you can use my car ? I love you and hope that insurance will pay!

Amy said...

Holy cow! I am just glad there wasn't a person walking under that snow fall! To do that much damage to a van has to be some pretty heavy snow. I am sorry I hope everything works out with the car!