The 2nd Edition

I really wanted to make a cake that I could decorate and make special for Jared's b-day. I found out that a friend had a cake form for a stadium and borrowed it. Jared loves soccer and his favorite team is FC Nürnberg) the national team from our city. So I decided to make it their stadium.I guess Anne wanted to help by being the official frosting taste-tester. I think she like it.
We had absolutely everyone helping. Robby and Richy helped occupy the girls, Rike and Beate helped frost and were decorating advisors, and we enlisted Ray to help set up the gummi bears (the soccer players) in a convincing play position.
It is not exactly to scale, but you get the idea. I used sprinkles and things like that that for the spectators.
I loved this picture because it the candles that spell out "Happy Birthday" look like the huge light in a stadium.
One side was dedicated to FC Nürnberg, and the other...
...to FC Bayern-München, the arch rivals of Nürnberg. You can see what Jared did about that.
Even though we ran out of frosting, I think it still was a success and I was very proud of all of us.

4 comments:

Mandi said...

Kris, that is the cutest!!! cake! It looked so real...I loved the gummy bear players and all the fans...mmm! Ben would be so jealous. I asked him and David the other day if they could have any kind of cake, what would it be, and they both said a stadium...you insightful soul into the mind of men!

Rachel said...

That is so awesome, I am totally going to copy your idea, I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! That is awesome!!! You did a great job! I'm shocked and amazed!!!! Good job!! I think Anne looks gorgeous in that picture!!

Melani said...

Kristin I LOVE IT! I love how Ray set up the player. He would.