Quarter of a Century Ago...

That is how long it has been since my Jared was born. I must say that I am very grateful for that very special event. So how did we celebrate? I have to admit that most of our plans went up in smoke. But that seems to be what all special occasions are like for Jared and I. Usually it is that he is sick, but this time since he was heatlthy others were sick and his work is loading him down with so much work, he is lucky to get home before 7pm each night.

We did get a Gma to babysit the girls over night so we could have a little date-night at home and sleep in the next morning. We actually slept until 7am (not much of sleeping in but it longer that usual). Then the night of his b-day we had a family dinner.

Here is the Birthday Boy. Isn't he a cutie!!

Jared's favorite food is Mexican so that is what he got for his family b-day dinner. I even found those fun toothpick things that the restaraunts put in the food.

Jared requested a no-bake cheesecake as his b-day cake, so I made him one. Unfortunately, this #2 candle (we decided we didn't want to start a roaring blaze with 25 individual candles) sort of distorted the one side of his cake. But it was delicious.

5 comments:

Mandi said...

I love the face that jared is making in the last picture...typical, typical. My oh my! how your hair has grown.
HAAAAAAaPPPPPPPPPPY BBBBIRTHDAAAAY JARED!
Herlizchen gluckwunsch zum geburtstag!

Rachel said...

What a fun birthday for your husband. You're such a great wifey!

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Wow, it has been a while since I have kept up on blogs- and look what I missed! Happy Birthday Jared! Oh, and thank you for your example and reminder of counting one's blessings. When it comes down to it, the list is longer than the complaints- by far!

Melani said...

Happy b-day Yared!!!! I Love you!

Anonymous said...

Yared!!!! I love you brother!!! Happy Birthday Man! Miss you!