Pink and Butterflies

This past weekend sweet Rike threw me a baby shower.  I haven't had one since I was pregnant with Annie. Then when we moved from Germany I gave most of my stuff for a girl away. It was way used.  So we had quite a list of things we needed for this baby.  Plus, I never had a baby shower with my friends and family here in America.  I love any excuse to hang out with them.

Rike has been planning it for months...I kept telling her not to stress, but I think it was fun for her. She asked me what theme I wanted and the only one I could think of that sounded nice was butterflies. Butterflies are just my thing. I love love love them.  And she just ran with it. It was amazing.

We all, even the menfolk, worked together the day before to prepare somethings. Then a carload of us left early to get there and finish preparations. The night before we had to change to venue because of illness...hope you are better now Jack.  My Grandma graciously offered to let us use her house.
Anne and Alicia were Rike's special helpers, even with the games.
We brought Anne and Alicia with us because they really wanted to help set things up.  Then they were going to be with Daddy during the shower. But their Great-Grandma, 2 Grandmas and Aunt Rike begged that they be allowed to stay.  Guess who won!  Jared didn't stand a chance against those women. My girls had such a good time and I am glad they got to be there. And they were great helpers.

Rike planned and worked so hard and it was absolutely delicious and beautiful.
 This picture doesn't even show how beautiful it all was.  She made butterfly-themed cupcakes. There was valentine-themed candy, and sprinkled decorated cups. All the decorations were cute too. She did so much work.
See what I mean!!!!
 These are the chocolate tulip cups that were filled with white chocolate mousse and berries.  Amazing!! Once we got to Grandma's house all the ladies there worked really hard to help get things ready. I am just so blessed.

After the introductions, we ate...Rike knows me so well. We played games. Apparently, my belly is 13 toilet paper squares round...just in case you wanted to know.  Then we played baby family feud.  Our team won!!! Of course we had a lot of help.  Thanks. Then presents.
Everyone was so generous.  We now have everything we need.
This doesn't even show all the presents.  We now have practically everything we need. I spent the next day setting things up and organizing.  I can't wait to use it all.

Thank you so much to everyone for all their work, generosity and love.  I had a great time.  I love being with all you ladies. We had so much fun.

No comments: