Christmas So Far

Jared told me that he wanted me to start updating our blog again.  I guess we have friends and family who use it stay in touch with what is going on with our family.  So here goes. I am not going to back track, just start with our Christmas season so far.
I finally got all our stockings done. I have been working on them since we first got married...that makes 8 years!!!  Lame, I know.
 As you all know we celebrate Advent on the 4 Sundays before Christmas...a wonderful German tradition.  We try to do something to remind us of the true meaning of Christmas each Sunday. This year I got my Christmas present early. It is these lovely star ornaments from Deseret Book that have the biblical names for Christ on them.  There are 12 in total so that means each Sunday we can put up 3, the kids love taking turns.  Before we put each on the tree we talk about what that specific name for Christ means for us.

Another German tradition happened on December 6th...St. Nikolaus Tag.  
He left us all some treats during the night.

Our wonderful neighbors invited us over to make candy trains.  None of us have ever made them and we all enjoyed it. Unfortunately, Jared wasn't feeling well and I took Katie home early because she got sick. So she didn't get to make one. I helped Hyrum with his.
Hyrum's 
Alicia's

Anne's

No comments: