Someone Understood Me

Have you ever watched or read something that touched you so deeply you knew you wouldn't be the same again?  Has there been a time you felt so completely understood by someone you just couldn't believe it?  That's what happened to me this last General Conference.

Ever since I was a teenager and started really listening at Conference, Elder Holland has been the speaker I look forward to most...along with the prophet.  Through the years each of his talks has touched me in a way that was so personal.  So this last October I really was anticipating his talk, especially since our family has had a rough year and I wanted some reassurances that Heavenly Father was aware of me.  I never expected what happened when he started speaking.  Watch/Read his talk here.

I was crying by the end, and that is a rare thing for me.  I have suffered from anxiety and different levels of depression since I was 5 years old.  Some times are better than other, but other times have been unbearable.  I am sorry for anyone who has to go through mental illness, but to me it seems that Heavenly Father knows how many of his children go through this battle that he allowed one of His future special witnesses to go through the experience so he could relate to those children.  Thus, showing the world that He, Heavenly Father, knows us, love us and understands us.

No comments: