Easter here in Germany is a whole weekend affair, starting on Friday and ending with Monday. You have to be very careful what you do on Good Friday. No loud activities outside, where you might desturb the neighbors. It is hard for us Americans to understand, but it has its advantages. It is very peaceful. We have made a tradition to visit the grave of Jared's Grandpa on Good Friday. We delayed it this year and will do it later this month.
On Sunday we went to church. The missionaries hadn't been invited anywhere so we brought them to our house. Jared and I gave them a tour of the gorgeous area where we live and all the wonderful Easter fountains. Hyrum came with us. He stayed in the car with me on our first stop.
Despite how he looks in this picture he loved sitting in the front with me and playing while we waited. I love his outfit.
Beate and Ray made a fantastic dinner.
My Easter request from Jared was tulips. He went to 3 different store on Saturday looking for some, but all were sold out. So Sunday evening Beate cut these flowers from her own garden. It made me feel so loved. Jared gave me a intense pedicure (so needed). He even painted my toenails. I am the luckiest woman alive. And he gave me a box to organize all my craftie stuff in and a tool for my crafts. It is already filled.
Because the missionaries were over on Sunday we delayed our Easter egg hunt until Monday afternoon. It took Katie awhile to understand and warm-up to the idea, but then she loved it.
Katie's basket.
Alicia's Basket.
Anne's Basket.
We gave the girls headphones for the plane in May, so they don't have to wear the ones from the airline that hurt their little ears.
Gpa of course had to try them out...and daddy...and Robby. He looks like something out of a sci-fi movie.
That afternoon the Schulz family came over and we had a great time eating, playing and talking. The 2 couple made the dinner. It was yummy.
It was a wonderful easter and I am a bit sad it is over.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
+(800x600).jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
That looks so fun and I MISSED being home! Jacob had to work and not very many understood why I thought it was sad he had to work on Easter (considering that here Easter is only on Sunday). Guess what, I made the same Easter Dinner for Jacob... well as best as I could it certainly didn't taste like mom's.... oh well :) the memories of what it should have tasted like made it special nonetheless. NEXT EASTER WE'll be together! :)
I absolutely cannot wait until you come out here!!! It's killing me to wait!
Post a Comment