My Baby is 6 Years Old

Anne started out the day in preschool with cupcakes for her class.  She got this cute crown there and wore it all day.

Before dinner she got to have some special time with her dad, while I made dinner. She requested spaghetti and I was happy it was something so simple.
Of course, no family event is complete without a goofy picture of Jared.
Uncle Richy called on skype (Jared's phone) to wish Anne a happy birthday. Thanks to modern technology he also got to watch her open her gifts.

She was so excited about each of her gifts and the card she got from Aunt Kari and cousins.
Anne and Alicia we shopping with Jared a couple weeks ago and saw these Hello Kitty cakes and knew that is what they wanted for their birthdays. So that is what we got her. I love the festive, colorful candles.

As you can see, she was excited  about it.
We ended the evening with the candy game, per her request. I think she loved her special day.

2 comments:

Richard said...

It was such a joy to call and to wish her a happy birthday! when I sang happy birthday to her and hit the odd disharmonic note (just to make it funny of course...)her face was the funniest thing ever!! the whole time I called she was just beaming and radiating joy and happiness, not only can she be very grateful for her family but she IS! She loves you so much and is so happy in your family! what a pure sunshine you have as a daughter... Happy Birthday Annie again!

Oh and btw... Jared's lips in his goofy pictures are awesome. They look like a cosmetic surgery gone very, very bad... look at the intrigued look of Alicia at her weirdo Dad...
no offense Jared I love you :)

Kathi said...

I can't believe that she is 6! So crazy!!!! Happy Birthday Annie! I love you!!!