German Moment

This will be lost on those of you who don't speak German, but for the rest I hope it gives you a laugh.

I overheard this from Alicia and it took me a minute to register what she had said, then I had to laugh.

She was talking then all of a sudden I heard her say "die heiligen den Hexen Tagen".  I am not sure if it was intentional or not, but it made me laugh. We made sure we practice the name of the church with Anne and Alicia after that.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Hahaha... good one... Hexen Tage... hard enough for children what "der letzten Tage" means! Makes you wonder what kind of church they thought they belonged to all that time!! HAHA
Also remindes me of something that happened to me one time: I started praying to bless the food for family dinner and instead of starting out the normal way what slipped my tongue was ... "abracadabra"... a moment of silent and then laughter. and it took a while before we could actually say the prayer beause we couldn't stop laughing.