New Year's 2011

 We started off the celebration with the traditional fondue.  Yummy. We had to improvise with the cheese this time, because we couldn't find the fondue cheese without alcohol this time. But we managed and all the food still tasted fabulous!!!!
 Katie wasn't allowed to stay up until midnight, so she got to do a sparkler before going to bed.  Anne and Alicia got to stay up, because they took naps with everyone else. I have a cute picture of Alicia laying down with her Gma.

I almost made it to midnight this year without falling asleep. I fell asleep on the couch at about 11:30. I think that is a record for New Year's Eve since we got married.  I missed watching this and was so disappointed. It is traditional here in Germany and I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_t3F5QkAYk

Watch it, it is cute!!!
 Jared woke me up just a couple minutes before midnight.  So we could ring in the new year.  We drank the punch, did the toast and gave each other a new year kiss, then headed out for fireworks. 
 The whole neighborhood got into it.  This shows you Anne and Alicia's reaction most of the time. It was loud and noisy, but fun too.
They loved the sparklers, always my favorite too, and throwing the popping ones on the ground.  The New Year's fireworks always amaze me. They have ones here in Germany that would never be sold in America and they are wonderful.

Happy New Year everyone!!!!! 2012 is going to be a big year for us and we are excited for all it will bring.

2 comments:

Richard said...

I showed Dinner for One to a cou[ple of English ghuys and none of them have ever heard of it or seen it... but they all thought it was funny. I have said it before and I will say it again... I wish I was there!
I missed you guys. I love the expressions of everyone in these pictures.
also the little Quote from Alicia and Robby at the side about taking a nap is classic!!

Taylor and Ruby Ricks said...

How fun I love fireworks. Happy New Years to you guys.