She must have been playing on the exercising bike. Anne said that was where she bumped her head. We called one of the family doctors, but the line was always busy. We called our pediatrian before the closed for lunch (we really didn't want to go to the emergency room), to see if they could do stitches there. They told us to come in right away. The bleeding actually stopped quickly, while we were making all these calls. I managed to find the cut. It was small, but since it was on her head, it just wouldn't close shut.Ray and I took her in. They were ready for us. The nurse cut her hair. You can see it in the tray in the picture. Then she cleaned the cut. Katie was so patient and good. She only moved when she wanted to change positions. Then the doctor came in. They just glued it, I assume because it wasn't too deep. He gave us some instructions on how to take care of it and some symptoms of concussion and skull damage to look out for. And we were free too go. So much better and quicker than going into the ER. Plus, our kids know,like and trust our pediatrician.
This was taken at lunch after we got home. That is nutella all over her face, arms and hands. It was just so cute.Anyway, this is the first stitches incident so far with our kids. Katie was also our first ER visit last month with the dislocated elbow. I suspect Katie is going to get the most cuts and broken bones of all our kids. Like my sister, Kathi. Life is going to be interesting. I am just so grateful is wasn't anything worse. She must have guardian angels.
2 comments:
Oh little sweetie! That is a scary thing for a mom to handle! Love the after picture smeared in nutella! (Even professor Lupin knows that chocolate helps!) :)
Oh cute girl!!!! That'd be awesome if she was like her aunt Kathi. :) I can't believe how big she is!
Post a Comment