Sweet Moments

Yesterday, Jared took Anne and Alicia out for some special time. So Ray and I took Katie on a walk. We saw so many wonderful animals and insects. Germany has to many types of wildflowers to list. I love them!!!
We ended it with ice cream. She had hard time eating it fast enough until Gpa pushed it further into the cone. In the end she stayed surpisingly clean.

On the way home we found God's footprint in the sky.


Earlier this week Jared took me on a special date. First we did a little shopping. Then we went to a fun swimming pool in our area. It is great place for families, but it was nice this time to just be the two of us. After swimming we got some food. Jared had arranged for us to stay the night at the hotel we spent our wedding night. When we got there he told me that I could do whatever I wanted. He had packed our bag. It was wonderful to not have to take care of kids or be woken up early in the morning. Of course, we stayed up waaaaayyyyy late designing Rike's wedding announcements. But I love working on projects with Jared. It builds different parts of our relationship that other things can't. It actually one of my favorite things to do together. I also got to read to my heart's content.


The next morning we woke up late (my body loved not being awoken by children). After we had a late breakfast at a bakery we headed into the city. They now have bike stations all over the city, where you can rent bikes and then return them to the nearest station at your destination. We grabbed some and rode around a lake in the city. I saw a part of the city I had never seen before. It was really quite nice. We stopped by our friends's house and visited for a while. We have such wonderful friends. Jared rode back to the car, picked me up and we turned mine in at a station down the street.


After a little more shopping (Jared got some nice clothes he needed) we headed home. I absolutely LOVED it!!!!! My husband is such a sweety.. It felt like a late anniversary trip. We both needed it. And I was even excited to get home to the kids...I love them, but sometimes I need more than just one night away. But this was perfect!!!!

No comments: