Saying Good-bye

Our friends are moving several hours away. It is always hard to say good-bye. Jenny has been such a good friend and help to me while I have been in Germany. I just love her. Jared and Ben were friends growing up and did so much together. We have loved spending time together and watching each other's families grow. We have had so many good times together. I hate that they are leaving. We will have to visit you all up at your new place and bring some Ben and Jerry's ice cream for old time's sake. I just loved this picture of them.

We decided we need to do one last get-together before they go. So we had them over to our place. We also invited the Schwartz family, since they are good friends too. We played soo many games with the kids. They were fun to watch. All the adults prepared the lunch while the kids watched a movie, then decided to eat while they were still occupied. It was so nice to have a meal to just sit around and talk, and not need to worry about feeding and managing the kids. We fed the kids once the meal was over. The boy on the left is the son of our friends, the Schwartzes, who were also there. He is 3 months older than Hyrum, but a little behind in physical development. Hyrum is so much heavier and chunkier. It is amazing how different every child is. And I don't know what happened genetically to make these two so different. The seemed to like each other. I saw Jonah passing this cookie (it is in Hyrum's mouth) to Hyrum.

2 comments:

Rike said...

where are they moving to? Oh no! I'll miss them too, well I already am. It looks like you had a lot of fun though!

Meagen said...

"we fed the kids after the meal was over."

Hehe. That sounds funny.