Gma's Birthday Continued

As part of Beate's birthday we organized a surprise party for her with several of her friends. It sure was a fun and entertaining evening.

I had made enough cupcakes and muffins to represent Beate's age. Then we put a candle on each one and spread them out on the table. Here is a picture of Jared arranging them all for me.

We even put a huge candle on the last one, but to make sure Beate wouldn't forget her new age. Then we had her blow them all out. Of course, Jared and Ray had to keep lighting some. Beate was such a good sport and they all tasted great.

Rike had also made this beautiful 3-tiered cake. She worked so hard and was so excited about it. It was a shame to have to cut it up and eat it.

4 comments:

Taylor and Ruby Ricks said...

Wow tht is a big cake. It looks like you guys had lots of fun.

Linda said...

I look forward to hearing about your family from Rike. I'm sure she will have pictures of the family (especially those cute little girls) to share.
What a wonderful surprise for the parents. Hope we get to see the video.:)
Love to all,
Linda

Rike said...

May I add that we had a big party and pretty much all of it got eaten up? I love the CUP CAKES: they were so delicious. Especially the carrot ones. Kristin I need that recipe, by the way:)

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Looks like you threw a pretty great birthday party. The cake is gorgeous and looks so yummy!