Fathers are the Best

I had been mentally planning this Father's Day for awhile and I was very excited. We are on a tight budget, so the gifts were all homemade. In a way I like that best; spending a minimal amount of money, but getting something that truly "describes" how you feel.
Anne and Alicia made signs for Daddy and Bahnka. They even cut them out themselves...Alicia needed a little help from Mom. I hung the signs up before they got up on Father's Day.
Katie even got a chance to draw a picture for each of them. These were actually her very first real self-done drawings. She had the most fun eating the crayons.

We made breakfast for the men and sat down together to eat it. That doesn't happen often, because we all have such different schedules.


When the men got up they got to see their signs. The girls were so proud of them and I was too.
We had a nice relaxing afternoon after church. I got to call my dad and wish him a Happy Father's Day. And Jared and I spent a while talking to both my parents. I sure miss living close to them and participating in all the fun things they all do together.
Our dinner that night was steak and potatoes; the men-folk's favorite.
For dessert we had cake...one for Daddy and one for Bahnka. Alicia helped me put the hearts on Daddy's.
I think the men loved having their special day. And we loved doing all the special things for them. I hope they know how much we love them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love the signs! Your girls are so cute and it looks like they had tons of fun. Kristin, I am so surprised at your cakes! they always look professionally done. Great job!

Mandi said...

Kristin I love how you hung the signs right where each of them walk out their door! And I love the fuzz coming in on Katie's wee head.

Rike said...

Man, I was so sad I wasn't able to reach Dad on father's day. I hope you realize how cool it is that you are so close to my Dad. He is the coolest. When he called me this morning at work, I wanted to bawl like CRAZY! Thanks for making his and Jareds day so special! I love the ideas.