Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau

Yes, it is another post about our times with Mandi and Ben. We sure miss those two. The girls talk about them all the time and the family just isn't the same without them.

On the 2nd day of our trip to Southern Bavaria we stopped at Neuschwanstein, by way of Munich for more gas and breakfast. We had stayed at hotel outside Munich the night before. Sadly they were so full that there was only room in the smoking section. Never want to do that again.

These pictures are in an odd order. Sorry about that.

Jared and I visited these castles while we were on our honeymoon. How many people can claim that? He surprised me with it. What a sweety. We hadn't been back since, so it was fun to see it again. Mandi went with our parents while they were all living here, but Ben had never seen it. I think he was impressed.
This is Hohenschwangau. It was the family home of Emporer Ludwig. It used to be called Neuschwanstein, but when he built the famous one up the hill from it, it got renamed and the new one now had the famous name. The parking for both castles is in the same area and they are within seeing and walking distance of each other. By the time we got to climbing up to see this one we were too tired. So on this trip this was our view of it.

And here is the famous, Neuschwangau. This castle inspired Walt Disney's design of one of the princesses castle. I can't remember which one. Sorry. Ludwig never finshed this one either. But it still is soooo impressive. It is gorgeous from all sides.

When we came on our honeymoon I don't remember seeing this lake. But when I walked out of the restroom I saw it. Love it!!! These lakes in the alps are the most beautiful. I wanted to take one of the paddle boats out onto it.
Jared, Katie and I waited at the bottom of the hill while Ben and Mandi hiked up for their tour of Neuschwanstein. We entertained ourselves be people watching then a movie in the car.
On their tour Mandi and Ben got this wonderful picture of the lake in the picture above and another one.


The architecture is just so wonderful. And they took such great pictures of the castle.

2 comments:

Rike said...

Awww. that is sooo cool! I like both Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein. They are both different but really interesting. It reminded me of the trip we all took with Chrissy back in the days. I am so glad you got to experience this trip. I am sure it was great! I miss you!

Mandi said...

oh I love you aired some of our photography...I always look for the date to see if it is ours or yours...why did I not see that picture you took of the lake...Go-geous!!!