Now it has been closed and you see how everything is just abandoned and the plants are taking over. It has a feeling of sheer loneliness and neglect. So sad. It has meant so much to so many people. Not just me and my family.
Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family.
More Memories
While Mandi and Ben were with us we took the opportunity to go to see where Mandi and I lived when our family was here. I haven't been back since my parents left. This was the first time that I think I could actually handle seeing it all again. I just miss my family so much.
This is an old pedestrian bridge in the city close to where we lived. On our second date, Jared and I spent a long time standing on this bridge talking. Then he proposed to me there. So this is quite a significant place for us. This picture is the exact spot where we stood on our date. This is the first time our girls had seen it.
Here is the sign from the restaraunt that our family ate at all the time. When we would come in the waiters never asked if we wanted alcohol, but knew that we wanted either fanta, sprite or sparkling cider. They just asked who wanted which and who wanted which of the our two favorite menu items.
It was quite fun to walk through the village again, but it felt like something was missing. Even though it is a small, peaceful village some of its energy seemed to be gone. I guess it is because those that we love are no longer there. And all the Americans are gone too.
Here is our house. It was strange to see it again and think that some else is living in our apartment. That place that is filled with so many wonderful memories. My time in the house was the most carefree time of my life.
Mandi and I are making pouty faces because this is the sign for the army base that we lived next to and that our dad worked at. I worked at the tiny flower shop and then the daycare here. So many precious memories of this place. I would walk across the fields by myself and with my sisters. We would sing songs together as we walked. I also would walk with my dad and we would spend so long not talking and each just enjoying the companionship.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is so fun that you were able to go back to where you had lived with your family. I think those trips back to family and family memories are some of the best trips.
Oh Kristin, you are so on top of things...I loved galivanting with ya'll. I miss you so much (see my latest post)!
That has go to be so sad to go back and see everything changed. I loved the bridge picture. What a good memory and to go back to the place where He proposed.. How Fun!!!! You get to have the greatest adventures!
Post a Comment