Königsee and Berchtesgarten

This is one of the most beautiful places in Germany. It was featured in the movie Sound of Music. I have seen it several times and it awes me each time.
The water is absolutely crystal clear. This makes the reflections so clear, it is like nothing else in this world. You can go on a boat ride around the lake. The acoustics are amazing. Ben found this out by spontaneously screaming (not very loud either). We got there a couple hours before sunset and after the boat tours had ended. So the town was completely quiet and the water was almost perfectly still.

Mandi calls this picture their cd cover. She has me convinced. Now they just need to record some music.

What Ben is pointing out for you here is Hitler's Eagle's Nest. You may have to blow up the picture to see it. It is right where the tip of his finger is. This is a home-like place that Hitler built. There is an elevator you take through the mountain to reach it. He had several meetings with his leaders, reporters and other world leaders here. I even think he kept some art here. Unfortunately it hadn't opened yet, but someday I want to see it.

You are seeing that right...the water is a pale green color. That is because it come directly from the glaciers of the alps. It is freezing cold too. But so beautiful. Jared was trying to touch it and dropped his new iphone into the water. Here he is trying to save it. Luckily it still works.
This is very typical of the house in this area. Jared and I want to build an alps inpired house sometime whenever we move to the States.

Mandi found this gigantic (literally the size of a small house) rock sitting all lonely in the middle of a meadow, off the side of the road. Of course, being Mandi, she decided to climb it. I have to admit that I couldn't watch after a while. I worry to much. I guess it is proof that I am a mom.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Hey this is mandi and ben...yes he loves looking at your blogs too. and he loves quilts...gotta love my guy. We just loved re living these events through your blog.

Traci said...

Those pictures are so beautiful! Love the lake with the mountains all around. The green color of the river is so cool! I love seeing all these beautiful places!