Our first stop on the 2 day trip was at the Chimsee. There are several islands in this lake. One has a monastary and another has a palace made by Emporer Ludwig. He was quite an extravagant guy.
Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family.
Chimsee
These pictures didn't get put up in any real correct order. So I will try to make sense of them for you. Jared, Ben and Mandi surprised me with a trip down to Southern Bavaria. I loved it. It was so nice to have a lot of uninterrupted time with Jared and with Mandi and Ben.
Our first stop on the 2 day trip was at the Chimsee. There are several islands in this lake. One has a monastary and another has a palace made by Emporer Ludwig. He was quite an extravagant guy.
I like that Jared and I are just in sillouette in the this one. That is the palace behind us. Katie is on my lap.
Here is the palace. He based it on Versaille (however it is spelled). He had a really complex, and was truly crazy. He was obsessed with Louis XIV of France, who built Versallie. This is one of the 3 palaces he built for himself. He only spent 10 days here once it was done. And the kitchen never really got finished before he drowned in the lake. The suspicion is that someone killed him.
Our first stop on the 2 day trip was at the Chimsee. There are several islands in this lake. One has a monastary and another has a palace made by Emporer Ludwig. He was quite an extravagant guy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a fun little trip. It looks beautiful there! Love the picture of the Alps. Oh, I hope to make it to Europe someday! Katie is so cute!
Post a Comment