Easter 2009

We had the traditional Easter Egg hunt at Gma & Gpa's house. I loved watching the girls finding their eggs filled with candy. They had so much fun.
I found these sand toys for very cheap and thought they would be great for the hunt. They will love them when we go to the local lake this summer.
The backyard was had some great hiding places. Just not enough shaded spots to keep the chocolate from melting. The garden is full of gorgeous flowers like these tulips.

Grandmas are great for a kiss every now and then.

Easter is one of my favorite times of year here. We live in one of the most beautiful and picturesque areas. The hills are full of cherry orchards. This year the blossoms have been the best I have ever seen. Jared was a sweety and took me and the kids for a ride to look at them yesterday. I didn't want the blossoms to leave before I got a chance to really enjoy them; they only last a couple days. It was so gorgeous.

Another thing I love about spring and Easter here are the way they decorate the fountains in the villages. And there are a lot of them.
They can be quite large and elaborate like this (and this is only part of it).
Or simple like this.
The eggs they use to decorate the fountains are emptied, painted and decorated by hand. And there are hundreds of them on each fountain. It is amazing.
Many of the fountains ahve these little scenes with them too. They are so creative.

2 comments:

Traci said...

Those fountains are amazing! That's so cool that they get so into Easter. It looks beautiful there!

Rike said...

cool post!