Special Surprises

Rike came home yesterday morning from her trip to America. I really missed her. It is so good to have her home. Anne spent the night at Gma and Gpa D's house the night before so she could go up to the airport with her Gpa to pick Rike up. After church and naps the rest of us went over to the house to see her. I looked at the pictures of her trip with her and mom. It was fun to hear her commentary on it all.

The best part of the evening was when Rike showed us all the things she had brought home with her from various people, including herself. My wonderful mom had sent a suitcase full of stuff for me. She told me to call her when I opened it so that she could hear my reaction. I was not expecting what I found. The suitcase was full of precious things from all of my possessions that are being stored by my parents in Utah. We can't afford to get it all over here yet. In the suitcase was pictures, stuffed animals that I love, things I had made and things people had made for me. So many things for me to hang up and decorate my home with.

This was probably one of the best things that my mom sent over. It is a painting that is very special to me. I can't wait to hang it up. Don't you love my Mickey hat. It is from when I was working in Disney World.
Every Valentine's Day my dad gives his daughters a little gift. I always look forward to this. Jared decided he want so continue the tradition with our girls. This year I was wondering if the tradition was going go on. Then with all the things Rike brought back were these shamrock pants from my dad for Valentine's. They look very comfortable and are so cute. The only thing is that I can't wear them. My mom sent me the ones for my sister, which will never fit me, not even when I lose all the weight. Funny Mom. Well, they became dress-up pants for my girls. So the purpose is still served. Aren't they cute on Anne.
This was sent to the girls from their Great-Grandma D. She is so thoughtful and just loves these girls.
Great-Grandma D. also sent Anne this teddy bear. It is a February bear for her birth month.
Rike took a risk and bought Jared this very nice looking BYU hat. Unfortunately, I am the lone BYU fan in this household of U of U fans. This has created much debate during family get togethers, but luckily it is all in good fun. She also gave him a BYU t-shirt, which I stole from him.
My two girls have had so much fun playing with all the stuffed animals that were sent by my mom. This is the Donald that I got from Disney World when we went there when I was 3 years old. Have 2 memories of that trip: the submarine ride and dragging one of my parents into a gift shop to show them this Donald and ask them to get it for me. Now my girls have their own that they love (hopefully this means they will leave mine alone). And when Jared and I ever go to Disney World we would like to buy them each a little one and start a tradition.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you lvoed the things that mom sent over. I was so excited for you to see them. I knew you'd like them.

PS i'd send you samples of the cologne if i can find some. We found it at walmart and the package had a scratch and sniff sticker. So that's the only way I smelled it but i'll hunt around.

Ruth Done said...

How fun!!! I can't imagine how exciting it was to get that stuff. You have such great parents!