Moments Like These

I decided to take a walk down Memory Lane. These pictures won't mean anything to all the rest of you, but since I want to make a book out of these blog entries this one is for me and my posterity (if they ever are interested).
This picture was taken during one of the most peaceful and content times of my life. It was the time in my life where I had no worries and one of those times when you feel you have friends who truly loved me and sought out my company because I was me and not just because I was there.

I had moved to Germany to be with my family for a short time. I did a lot with the Young Single adults in our ward. Particularly, the goof of a guy on the far right (Mike Yanez) and the girl to left of me (Stephanie Stone). This picture was taken in Rothenburg during the Christmas season. We had so fun together. Plus this is the best my figure has ever looked. Oh, to have that body again.

The next pictures were actually taken by Rike on her trip to America this past month. I stole them from her facebook account.
The 2 pictures here are from my house in Farmington. I lived in this house longer than any other place in my life, by far. We lived there for about 9 years and I still dream about my life there and miss so many people that I knew there.

Part of our driveway had to be repaved one time and Kathi and I put our prints in the cement. I guess we left our mark.

This is my High School...Davis High School in Kaysville. Actually I moved away after the first term of my Senior year. I regret that even now. Although I do have wonderful memories of the other High School, I still wish I had been able to finish and graduate here. I am still hoping to find a way to be permitted to go to the reunions here in years to come. I just need to find a way.
A couple years ago I found out that they have torn down the old school (this broke my heart, I loved the old building and all its history) and replaced it with a new one...see first picture in the set. This last picture is more like how it looked when I was going there. Ruth, is that the auditorium?
Now this house is truly special to me. It is probably my favorite place on earth. This is the home that my grandparents built right before I was born and they sold it in 2000. That broke my heart. I have more memories in this home than anywhere else. It the most beautiful yard that I wanted to have my wedding party in and land behind it that we kids called the Canyon. We spent so much time back there. Growing up we lived close to my cousins. We were each other's best friends and we did everything together nad most of it was done here.
I worked at this grocery store from the time I was 14 til we moved just before I was 18. I loved it there (they have the best doughnuts).
Jared hasn't seen any of these things yet and I can't wait for the chance to show it all to him. Each of these place have made an impression on me and in some way or other made me who I am. I sure do miss the friends and memories I have from that place (many of those friends I have lost contact with).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahah i love the first picture! Look at Mike. Oh man I'm dying laughing!

Ruth Done said...

Yes that is the auditorium. It has changed so much. Kristin, I have been thinking about you a ton lately and I just have to say that I have always admired you. You always seem to be happy and when I think about you being a mom it makes me so happy. I bet you are the best! I can see you dancing around your house and singing with your girls. I hope you know you are the best and that I will always consider you a friend.

Amy said...

That is a good idea to make memory posts. I think I might add that to my blog too!

Rike said...

I'm glad you stole them from my facebook! I really only posted them for you anyway! love you!!! It was great to take a little trip through your life