Jared and I celebrated our fourth anniversary on Thursday. We were going to go out to dinner, but that morning decided to save the money and create a special and romantic dinner at home. I made a shopping list for Jared to get on his way home.
Anne wanted to help me set up the table. I have to admit that I was so excited about the idea of a romantic dinner at home. We planned on making the food together and sit down to peace and quiet (Anne and Alicia spent the night at Gma and Gpa's house). I loved getting everything prepared. I think this would have to be one of my favorite things we have done together. We decided to make it a tradition.
The finshed producted. I think Anne and I did a good job. Jared helped too when he got home.
We even got ourselves some "near wine". It tasted good. I haven't had grape juice since I was about 5 years old.
We made the whole meal from scratch. We are good!!! Jared made the steaks and the mushroom sauce to go over it. I made the twice-baked potatoes.
My wonderful husband brought home these beautiful flowers for me to put on the table. It has my 3 favorite flowers. Gerber Daisies are my most favorite, then roses, and then lilies.
This is Jared's gift from me. I had so much fun planning this and making it.
I took 4 toillete paper rolls and filled them with candy and little notes. The above picture is an example of the notes from one of the rolls. Each roll represented one year of our marriage. I put memories from each year that have been special to us on the notes. It was fun to relive the memories together. In a paper towel roll I put candy and reasons that I love him.
Jared told me what he was giving me a couple days early. In a week or so we are going to London. We get extremely cheap flights for there here. We are going to see so many wonderful things. I have been a couple times so there are things I want to show Jared. And we are going to see the stage version of the Lion King. I am so excited. Of course, there will be a blog entry on that.
8 comments:
How fun!!!! I'm so glad you were able to do something. The table looks great. HAPPY ANIVERSARY!!!
holy crap! London! are you serious....lucky...oh I just think London is so magical. I loved your idea with all the memories.
I love that gift idea! I need to remember that one for this next year. BTW I am TOTALLY JEALOUS that it is a cheap and short flight to London!! I want to go so bad. I wish it was cheaper to fly to Europe I would visit you too!
What a fun night! Happy Anniversary!!
That looks really great, beautiful table, yummy food and fun together. THose are the best anniversaries. I feel like I am catching up with all your pictures, you look good & Katie is getting big. I love her dirty look int he game night pictures!
Hi Kristen
I saw your blog comment on Blaine's blog and had to come check out what you've been up to!! It's Maria Crandall (well Maria Eldredge now) Do you remember me from Heritage Academy? I hope so! It's good to see your blog I hope you don't mind me checking it out!!
come see mine if you'd like. eldredge3.blogspot.com
I can't believe you have 3 girls!! They are adorable!!
Kristin,
I think I am such a sap! All I do when I read your blogs is cry!! You are so good and wonderful and cute and I could go on and on!!! I miss you and hope I'll get to come see you again! I love you!!!!
Kristin, look at all the love you get!;)...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Put up Pictures of London! I will babysit the kids if I have to make sure you put them up. They are so interesting....
Post a Comment