Setting Up Our Tree

Last night for Family Home Evening we set up our Christmas Tree. Anne and Alicia loved all of it. They were such good helpers. It has been fun to see it all through their eyes.
Anne and Alicia loved "helping" us fluff all the branches. Both girls got the chance to help Dad with the lights. I feel so bad. My girls always look so casual and never fully dressed when I put pictures up here.
Putting up the ornaments was their favorite part. Now the problem is getting the not touch them anymore. Good thing they are plastic. We wouldn't have any left after last night, if they weren't.
Dancing to the Christmas music was another favorite of the evening.
Alicia never seems to be full. She is constantly scavenging for food. The excitement of last night didn't change that.
Wonder how those pictures are going to turn out. She wore her dress-up dress the whole night.
After we were done with the tree and taking a break Anne decided that she needed to "cut" our toes nails. She even covered our feet with "blankets". I love how she sticks out her tongue when she concentrates.
What a face. She kept putting on her Gma's glasses.

To end the evening we celebrated the 1st Advent. In Germany the 4 Sundays before Christmas are the Advents. They have wreaths like this:
where you like a different on each different Sunday. On the last one all 4 candles are burning. Beate has a tape of music that she has listened to on the 1st advent since she was a child. So we did the same again this year. We eat treats, talk and drink hot chocolate while we listen to the music. It was a nice way to end the evening.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

What a fun tradition, I love the candles & listening to music for advent. And I LOVE the princess dress!

Mandi said...

I was just thinking about that little tape the other day and thinking how it made for a very nastalgic fourties sort of christmas feeling..."just like the ones I used to know". It looks like Alicia is wearing a wife beater. =)